It’s always a challenge when it comes to design a small area especially when it’s our home and we want it to be elegant practical and warm at the same time. Small spaces are one of the most challenging when it comes to design. As a homeowner, you want to make it functional, practical and warm. It is important that you make a small space work for you. These spaces will be a place for relaxation and rest. You need to find a way to make it look larger than it is.
You will have to think creatively and find the best ways to organize your stuff. You should be able to find the perfect spot for every single thing you have in your home. Small spaces need to be decorated with care. You will have to use your imagination and make sure that you are making the most of every inch. You can make your home look larger than it really is by choosing light shades for the walls and lighter furniture. Here are some tricks and tips we have for you to decorate a small space;
Find below some points about managing small spaces
1. Use light colours in the decoration for example white or neutral colours.
2. Mirrors gives the space a larger look and make look wide and more comfortable.
3. Furniture with extra storage space such as book space on sofa sides, ottoman chairs, or bed with drawers.
4. Use sliding doors instead of normal doors.
5. Lamps that come down from the ceiling or wall lamps will let you gain more space; good lighting can be a game-changer in small spaces.
6. Use the unused spaces such as below stairs it could be a good storage area, or stairs are high it could be a good reading area or even a mini-indoor garden.
7. Use furniture with multi-functionality. For example, a layered coffee table or a sofa bed.
8. Customize your storage spaces instead of getting ready ones so it will be helpful to fit maximum items.
9. A wall desk is a good option in case you require a home desk.
10. Use less furniture; a minimal approach is a good idea.
11. Use tables with glass or transparent tops.
12. Make maximum use of the vertical spaces so it can allocate as much as possible
13. Display artworks in a strategic way.
14. Keep the flow of natural light into space or room.
15. Use bigger carpets.
16. Go bold!
17. Using high curtains or bigger curtains; will create a larger effect in the space.
We hope you enjoyed our article about how to design a small space stylishly. We know that with these tips, and some hard work, you can create a beautiful home in the space you have. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get designing.